I hold teaching credentials in Elementary Education (K-6), English Education (7-12) and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (K-12).
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- M.A., University of Connecticut
- B.S., University of Connecticut
Language and Literacy Curriculum and Pedagogy; Multicultural / Anti-Bias Education; Language, Culture, and Identity; Critical Literacy; Research Experiences in Teacher Education; Youth Participatory Action Research; Diverse Literature for Children and Young Adults
- EDMS 463: Teaching Language and Literacy in the Elementary School, TK-2
- EDMS 464: Teaching Language and Literacy in the Elementary School, 3-6
- EDMS 419: Identity and Agency for Socially Just Classrooms and Communities
- EDUC 570: The Reflective Educator
- EDRL 524: Literature and Literacy
- Assistant Professor, Literacy Studies and Elementary Education, Sonoma State University
- Associate Professor, Teacher Education, College of Saint Rose, Albany, NY
Henry Casesa, R., LaDuke, A., & Porrata, A. (forthcoming). Using text sets to support the development of biliteracy in “English-only” elementary classrooms. In A. VandeHei Carter and C. Clark (Eds.), Multicultural curriculum transformation in literacy and language arts. Lexington Books.